Thespian Booster Meeting Tuesday, November 17, 2015
- District Competition went well with 20 superiors, 8 excellents and 2 good ratings. Additionally, two Critics Choice Awards: Elena McNiece for Costume Construction and Sam Williamson for Sound Design.
- Finances for change fee will be collected from students requiring the changes.
- Next year, Thespian Booster will work with Student Officers to improve parent awareness of procedures at Districts, asterisked contents of the pieces Students are performing as well as obtaining commitment from students if competing at Districts to also compete at State if selected.
- Wednesday, March 16th through Sunday March 20th
- Rooms are reserved at Wyndham
- Bus transportation to and from the event (Tammy is arranging this.)
- Cost for each student will be more this year as staying at event hotel. Registration is $135 per participant. Discussed scholarships to help defer costs possibly in exchange for various activities needed within the department or upcoming productions. Will need to further discuss as the desire is to assist with fees for all participants and actual finances are not presently known.
- Chaperones will be needed. Please discuss directly with Tammy.
- Waiting for Godot—anticipated dates are 2/11,12 and 13; venue TBD
- Will get advertising/playbill info out soon
- Night at the Big Apple is in January, student may participate
- Spotlight on Youth, held at Sante Fe Theater, event held by Corner Drug Store, auditions soon
- Will explore option of Family Night at PDQ—look for more info to come, likely in January
- Will continue to explore option of performing at Satchel’s
- May schedule another Piesanos night